Ford Galaxy Owners Club Official Forum
August 20, 2017, 06:17:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Help with the development of the Official Ford Galaxy Owners Club by becoming a Club Supporter today

Home Garage   Forum   Help Arcade Search SPEND GP Login Register   *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2017, 06:17:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Donate
Become a
Donate Today!
Facebook Like
Arcade Champs

Arcade

Air Sk8ing
Latest High Score by
Paul
with 101.00 on
Air Sk8ing
------------------
The Top Players

1 - speedy
Number Of Wins : 39

2 - Silver Surfer
Number Of Wins : 31

3 - The Monk
Number Of Wins : 6

4 - Crunch70
Number Of Wins : 3

5 - Paul
Number Of Wins : 1

6 -

7 - Badake

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Enabling Global Open/Close of windows via remote and more!  (Read 17384 times)
Daz
Technical Guru
Titanium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Referrals: 2
GP2828.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Daz

« on: September 16, 2007, 12:27:28 PM »

I know this question is often asked with no-one having a definite answer.

Well, after persistent pestering from a certain member (you know who you are Wink), I have researched and tested to see if this can be done. The answer is a definite..YES!

However, this testing is in it's infancy and I can only tell you which Galaxys I can enable it on by actually doing it. It will definitely not work on the MK3 Galaxy!

So far, I have enabled it on a 2002 & 2004 MK2 Ghia, 2002 & 2006 MK2 Zetec and a 1999 MK1 Ghia. So initial signs are good! Smiley
Unfortunately, I don't think this will work on any pre-Sept 1997 models as they use a different Central Locking system. Until I try one, I won't know

Interestingly, when researching this, I have found there are other options that can be enabled.

These are:

• Single door opening: One button press on the remote unlocks the driver's door only with a second press needed to unlock the other doors.
  • Anti-Hijack: Central Locking locks at speed (approx 15mph)
  • Remote Global Open/Close Windows: Holding unlock button on remote opens the electric windows and holding lock button closes them
  • Unlock when removing ignition key: This feature is useful if you have enabled Anti-Hijack. When you remove the ignition key, the doors unlock
  • Acknowledgement of locking with horn sound: When you lock, the indicators flash as standard. You can make the alarm horn beep aswell (if fitted)

If you are still unsure what these functions are, you can witness them by viewing these videos. Listen closely when viewing the GlobalOpenClose video, you'll here the alarm horn beep when pressing the remote lock button.

Remote Global Opening and Closing

Anti-Hijack Auto Locking

Unlock on Key Removal

For a full list and how to carry out these additional functions, you will have to download my How To guide in the FAQ section. For this, you will need to be a Club Supporter and then you need to PM myself or another Mod or Admin for the password.

How To Guide

The procedure does require an amount of computer and diagnostic ability. If you are not confident about your ability to carry this out, then I suggest you don't attempt it. There is an alternative to carrying out yourself, the FGOC has various meets around the year and I try to attend most of them. I will always take my laptop and will gladly attempt this for you. All you have to do is attend the meet. Wink

You will need a laptop that will boot into pure DOS and has a serial port. It will not work under Windows XP or with a USB lead. Laptops with Windows 98 will work as they are able to boot in to DOS after making a Startup Disk. You will need to boot your laptop from the Startup Disk not the Win98 GUI.

If you have any questions, please post them here and I will try to help.

To help us help you, please don't use the PM system to request technical help, as the messages may be missed. If you post a topic on the forum, I will endeavour to help and it will give others the opportunity to help also. It also allows the forum to become a comprehensive information database. Thank you.

Abs_N
Registered Member
Zetec Member

Referrals: 0
GP34.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Abs_N

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 11:15:31 PM »

Where do you download the vds-pro software from and where can I get the cable from?

Also when I have the hardware and software how and where do you connect the cable in th car.

Thanks

Cool
Daz
Technical Guru
Titanium Member

GP2828.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Daz

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 11:22:13 PM »

Cable here.

Software here.

Remember, you will need a laptop with a serial port and able to run in pure DOS.

The connection in the car is the EOBD socket, drivers side below the fuse box cover.

To help us help you, please don't use the PM system to request technical help, as the messages may be missed. If you post a topic on the forum, I will endeavour to help and it will give others the opportunity to help also. It also allows the forum to become a comprehensive information database. Thank you.
Paul
Club Secretary & Webmaster
Administrator
Titanium Member

England England

Referrals: 4
GP577334.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Paul

Mood:Happy
Happy

P.Greenhalgh PaulG9LXY
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 11:43:59 PM »

Quote:
Sent by Daz on September 18, 2007, 11:22:13 PM
The connection in the car is the EOBD socket, drivers side below the fuse box cover.

Or underneath the ashtray in a MK1 - ashtray needs pulling out to gain access to the purple socket Smiley

Current

Previous

Has The Official Ford Galaxy Owners Club helped you or saved you money?
Please consider BECOMING A CLUB SUPPORTER to help with the development of your club

FGOC on Facebook   .::.    FGOC on Twitter

We cannot go back and start a new beginning, but we can start today and make a new ending.
Air Sk8ingAir Sk8ing
Abs_N
Registered Member
Zetec Member

GP34.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Abs_N

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »

Just before I take the plunge and buy the cable, will this definetely work on a mk2 ghia model?

Also what is the worst that can happen if i put insert an incorrect code ?

I am thinking of only enabling 2 of the features
such as unlock on key removal and the global opening and closing of windows.

With the global opening and closing of windows does this include the rear side windows ?

Cool
Daz
Technical Guru
Titanium Member

GP2828.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Daz

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 10:30:24 PM »

Quote:
So far, I have enabled it on a 2004 MK2 Ghia, 2006 MK2 Zetec and a 1999 MK1 Ghia.
From my first post Abs_N. So yes, OK for MK2. Done my MK2 2004.

Don't know about an incorrect code, I haven't the balls to try it. There is the potential to destroy your ECU.

The global feature will close the rear side windows but, not open them. If you have a sunroof, it should do the same.

Al
Club Supporter
Titanium Member

Referrals: 1
GP291.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Al

Mood:Scared
Scared

alexanderwaite
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 04:03:33 PM »

Daz i have downloaded the software and ordered the lead, so you may be getting a few phone calls next week some time, probably saying i've knacked me laptop and my wipers wont turn off, lmao.

I have VAGCOM (unregistered) and am willing to scan other members vehicles - just PM me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

fordpwr
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 04:14:16 PM »

how much was the lead alex Wink
Al
Club Supporter
Titanium Member

GP291.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Al

Mood:Scared
Scared

alexanderwaite
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 04:26:21 PM »

It was £14.99 on ebay
+ p+p.  Wink

I have VAGCOM (unregistered) and am willing to scan other members vehicles - just PM me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Abs_N
Registered Member
Zetec Member

GP34.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Abs_N

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 07:21:42 PM »

Hi,

I have found the Ross Tech website but cannot determine which version to download for my Gal, any ideas.

I have brought a serial cable

?Confused?

Thanks
fordpwr
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 11:09:57 PM »

software for vagcom or vds-pro

if its vds pro try here

if its vagcom free version 4.09 iirc
robbo67
Registered Member

GP0.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to robbo67

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 07:26:31 PM »

Hi LD - can you tell me if there is something wrong with this download because when I download it all I keep getting is an error message Sad ? Can you HELP me please??? Kind regards - Rob
Daz
Technical Guru
Titanium Member

GP2828.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Daz

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 11:39:18 PM »

Rob, which download?

I have tried downloading the software through the link.......this is OK.

I also tried my How To guide and that is OK aswell.

What is the error you're getting?

Serviceford
East Mids Regional Rep
Moderators
Titanium Member

GP24215.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Serviceford

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 08:45:01 AM »

Thanks for redirecting me here.Just one thing im not sure about is dos computer.can you not do these mods using vag com software directly.I have a vista laptop and have been told vag 704.1 will operate and change these direct using vista as an operating system???. Roll Eyes
Paul
Club Secretary & Webmaster
Administrator
Titanium Member

England England

Referrals: 4
GP577334.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Paul

Mood:Happy
Happy

P.Greenhalgh PaulG9LXY
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 09:52:32 AM »

As far as I'm aware the Galaxy ECUs don't allow this through VAGCOM - this is why VDS Pro is needed instead. Other VAG cars can have it changed using Vagcom though. I'm prety sure Daz tried using vagcom first but had to resort to vds as it didn't work

Current

Previous

Has The Official Ford Galaxy Owners Club helped you or saved you money?
Please consider BECOMING A CLUB SUPPORTER to help with the development of your club

FGOC on Facebook   .::.    FGOC on Twitter

We cannot go back and start a new beginning, but we can start today and make a new ending.
Air Sk8ingAir Sk8ing
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

© 2007-2017 Ford Galaxy Owners Club
No part of this forum may be copied without express written permission

Ford and Galaxy logos used with permission and under licence from Ford Motor Company

Lo-Fi Version .::. Privacy Policy