Ford Galaxy Owners Club Official Forum
August 22, 2017, 04:29:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please vote for our site using the 3 voting buttons on the left hand side of the forum. Doing so every day will help promote our club around the world. It only takes a couple of clicks!

Home Garage   Forum   Help Arcade Search SPEND GP Login Register   *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2017, 04:29:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Donate
Become a
Donate Today!
Facebook Like
Arcade Champs

Arcade

Air Sk8ing
Latest High Score by
Paul
with 101.00 on
Air Sk8ing
------------------
The Top Players

1 - speedy
Number Of Wins : 39

2 - Silver Surfer
Number Of Wins : 31

3 - The Monk
Number Of Wins : 6

4 - Crunch70
Number Of Wins : 3

5 - Paul
Number Of Wins : 1

6 -

7 - Badake

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Headlight bulb upgrade - Philips X-treme Power  (Read 1291 times)
ianfuller
Registered Member
LX Member

Referrals: 0
GP19.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to ianfuller
Camping with the Gal on holiday 2009

« on: December 05, 2007, 12:14:58 PM »

Guys.

Seems to be lots of people out there who want to upgrade their bulbs without looking any different? Well me at any rate! Read Autoexpress last week and they had an excellent group test of 30 different H7 bulbs for normal dipped headlamps as per the following:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/212937/make_light_of_winter.html

I was initially put off by the listed price of these at £32.99 and a quick tour of online sellers put this as the best price. Then I came across the following site at just £25.99 inc. delivery and just had to get a pair:

http://www.a1carbulbs.co.uk/

They arrived in 48 hours and I fitted them yesterday. Initial results are excellent. They are slightly whiter (not blue HID looking) so look standard but a lot brighter. Once out in the country on unlit roads the difference was obvious. The beam shape is different too with a wider beam and greater distance without dazzle to other Galaxy drivers (other cars don't count)!

With winter coming, I'd say these are a must have for safer & more relaxed nightime driving. Now I'll upgrade the mains and the force will be with me!

Regards,

Ian Grin

PS: Update

Have just bought some H1's for my high beams - Philips Vision Plus 50% from the following ebay site at £11.48 delivered:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/H1-Philips-Vision-Plus-Bulbs-1-Pair-50-brighter_W0QQitemZ180188454632QQihZ008QQcategoryZ72235QQcmdZViewItem

Report when (or if) they arrive and fitted.

Update #2:
Fitted and as per the dipped beams, results are impressive. Unlike the H7's the beam shape seems the same but they are just a lot brighter. Highly recommend these type of upgrades. Remember, they are not using any more leccy so will not overload the wiring they are just more efficient at creating more light from the same source.

Quick note though. Unless I'm missing a trick, which idiot designed the access to the front bulbs? The rear cover that you have to open to access the bulbs is quite small but there is so much other stuff just behind the headlights you need to be a gynecologist to easily change the bulbs over! I had to remove the airbox top cover on the drivers side to make it even possible but on the near side the washer bottle filler was right in the way and what should have been a 10 minute job took over an hour........well worth it though!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 07:42:19 AM by ianfuller » Logged

In a Galaxy not too far away.....may the Ford be with you!
Paul
Club Secretary & Webmaster
Administrator
Titanium Member

England England

Referrals: 4
GP577334.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Paul

Mood:Happy
Happy

P.Greenhalgh PaulG9LXY
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 01:13:18 PM »

Sorry for the late reply to this Ian (only just spotted your post!) Great review this and headlight bulb upgrades are well worth looking at for improved lighting. Looks like the ones you have fitted make driving safer for sure! Galaxy point your way!

Current

Previous

Has The Official Ford Galaxy Owners Club helped you or saved you money?
Please consider BECOMING A CLUB SUPPORTER to help with the development of your club

FGOC on Facebook   .::.    FGOC on Twitter

We cannot go back and start a new beginning, but we can start today and make a new ending.
Air Sk8ingAir Sk8ing
BIG DIN
Registered Member
LX Member

GP4.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to BIG DIN

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 10:16:49 PM »

Hey guys, anyone thinkin of upgrading to xenons check out this site www.convert2xenon.com. Know couple of guys who have bought off here for there golfs and bmw's, nice tidy kits and lot cheaper than others. Make a great difference in lightin up the way ahead. Thinkin of ordering some myself this week.
unseen
Registered Member
Zetec Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

GP25.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to unseen

Mood:Exhausted
Exhausted

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 12:37:03 AM »

I thought you couldn't convert normal headlamp units to HID due to the heat probably melting the casing??  Or is this a different way of doing it?  (Also I thought HID was bloody expensive but looking at that link it's actually quite reasonable!)  Wonder if you can do both dipped and main beam off one transformer or would you need 1 for each bulb (could get awfully messy fitting it..)

Just a thought...

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

© 2007-2017 Ford Galaxy Owners Club
No part of this forum may be copied without express written permission

Ford and Galaxy logos used with permission and under licence from Ford Motor Company

Lo-Fi Version .::. Privacy Policy