Ford Galaxy Owners Club Official Forum
September 25, 2017, 01:47:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please vote for our site using the 3 voting buttons on the left hand side of the forum. Doing so every day will help promote our club around the world. It only takes a couple of clicks!

Home Garage   Forum   Help Arcade Search SPEND GP Login Register   *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2017, 01:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Donate
Become a
Donate Today!
Facebook Like
Arcade Champs

Arcade

Tetris2
Latest High Score by
supersonic
with 68.00 on
Tetris2
------------------
The Top Players

1 - speedy
Number Of Wins : 38

2 - Silver Surfer
Number Of Wins : 36

3 - supersonic
Number Of Wins : 6

4 - The Monk
Number Of Wins : 6

5 - Crunch70
Number Of Wins : 3

6 - Paul
Number Of Wins : 1

7 -

8 - Badake

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: N/S OF GAL TAKEN OUT  (Read 8839 times)
mac the knife
Ultima Member

Referrals: 0
GP287.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to mac the knife

Mood:Relaxed
Relaxed

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2008, 06:44:42 PM »

That's why i will ask the insurance company to send an assessor out to look at the vehicle first, they won't be able to fob me off with any damage as it's mainly poor workmanship that's the problem, if i have problems i'll take up the offer from Cepheus who said he will get in touch with Chriss Knott

mac the knife
Ultima Member

GP287.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory

Relaxed

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2008, 05:06:09 PM »

Update, spoke to the repair shop manager and told him i was very unhappy with the way it was sent out to me, told him i ws going to phone insurance and ask them to not collect hire car he was very keen for me not to and had his drivers pick up Gal from missus at work and dropped off the mitsubishi, we'll see how good it is next time Roll Eyes i think somehow it will be a lot better (hopefully Dunno!) will keep you updated

Paul
Club Secretary & Webmaster
Administrator
Titanium Member

England England

Referrals: 4
GP577342.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Paul

Mood:Happy
Happy

P.Greenhalgh PaulG9LXY
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2008, 05:08:52 PM »

Hopefully it'll be sorted quickly for you then Ray. If it were me I'd get the Gal looking as it should do but then still speak to Chris Knott about it - if an insurance approved repairers is pushing out shit like it sounds, then they shouldn't be insurance approved Whack!

Current

Previous

Has The Official Ford Galaxy Owners Club helped you or saved you money?
Please consider BECOMING A CLUB SUPPORTER to help with the development of your club

FGOC on Facebook   .::.    FGOC on Twitter

We cannot go back and start a new beginning, but we can start today and make a new ending.
Air Sk8ingAir Sk8ing
mac the knife
Ultima Member

GP287.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory

Relaxed

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2008, 05:56:04 PM »

Update,phoned up to speak to  Richard Roll Eyes to ask about Gal and was told he was not available , the girl on the phone said " i have been told we are waiting for some door mouldings" Roll Eyes would they be the new door mouldings that should have been fitted first time round Roll Eyes someone is going to be embarrassed and i don't htink it's me  Wink will pop round on friday morning unannounced and see if i can see what's going on, hope they haven't had a crash in it on the way back to the sprayshop D'oh the way my lucks been lately i wouldn't be surprised Grin Cheesy

Paul
Administrator
Titanium Member

England England

View Inventory
Send Money to Paul

Happy

P.Greenhalgh PaulG9LXY
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2008, 05:59:04 PM »

Seems like they are trying to do what they should have done first time round! Roll Eyes Still disappointing that there was ever a second time round! Fingers crossed it's all sorted to your satisfaction soon Ray! Smiley

Current

Previous

Please consider BECOMING A CLUB SUPPORTER to help with the development of your club

We cannot go back and start a new beginning, but we can start today and make a new ending.
Air Sk8ingAir Sk8ing
mac the knife
Ultima Member

GP287.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory

Relaxed

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2008, 06:40:44 AM »

Update, picked the car up last friday and it's still shi*e,still a run on the door although the paintwoork is better

1. locking ring for rear harness now been bodged
2.have scratched the window that i had tinted last year
3.door cards have now been stuck to the door on the bottom with some kind of black sealant
4.rear door still misaligned (not as bad)
5.car not valeted and full of dust,when i pointed this out they said it was my fault because i wanted the car back
 so i have got an independent assessor coming out today to have a shufty, i'll keep you updated if you are bothered anymore because i know i'm getting well bored with it myself now AARRGGHH

DAVE727
Registered Member
Zetec Member

GP134.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to DAVE727

Happy

counting down the days and saving hard

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2008, 06:54:52 AM »

Ray STOP bending over......... because it seems you are being shafted by the body shop.......I hope Chris Knott is helping you as this is making me nervous about my insurance should i ever have to use it...keep us posted we never get bored
Paul
Administrator
Titanium Member

England England

View Inventory
Send Money to Paul

Happy

P.Greenhalgh PaulG9LXY
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2008, 08:46:07 AM »

Ray, I'll wait til after 09:00 and I'll be speaking to Chris Knott about this as I'm not having any of the members being treated like this through something that the club has promoted. We're not putting our name to something that isn't up to standard. As I said previously, it's all well and good saving money, but if the service that's going to be provided isn't good enough then what's the point?  Angry BangHead

Current

Previous

Air Sk8ingAir Sk8ing
Al
Club Supporter
Titanium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Referrals: 1
GP291.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to Al

Mood:Scared
Scared

alexanderwaite
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2008, 08:52:25 AM »

Ray as Dave said please keep us updated, we all hope you get this mess sorted out mate.  Wink

It makes you wonder how companies like that actually keep in business.  BangHead Whack!

I have VAGCOM (unregistered) and am willing to scan other members vehicles - just PM me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul
Administrator
Titanium Member

England England

View Inventory
Send Money to Paul

Happy

P.Greenhalgh PaulG9LXY
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2008, 09:30:50 AM »

Ray, Chris Knott are going to speak to the claims manager at your underwriters now and highlight the problems to him. He'll then get in touch with the garage and get it all sorted for you. Bear in mind that now that they have had 2 opportunities to do the job properly, you are more than entitled to demand that your car be taken elsewhere for a different garage to do the work as you are not confident inthe current garage's abilities. Wink

I've asked that the claims manager contact you direct to keep you informed with what's going on (and explained that you also work nights so need things doing at your convenience not theirs) Let me know if you have any more problems and I can be back on to them.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 09:34:27 AM by Cepheus » Logged

Current

Previous

Air Sk8ingAir Sk8ing
mac the knife
Ultima Member

GP287.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory

Relaxed

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2008, 03:47:53 PM »

Ok people the latest ,

assessor came out and looked over the car and agreed not up to standard , he asked me to get the car back to the repairer and told me that he would personally check the car over before he would let it leave the workshop, reluctantly i have agreed to do this only because the assessor has assured me the work will be right, Cepheus i spoke to chris knott 5 mins ago and i was told of a complaint being made from the Club Thumbs Up, it's a shame this has come to this but i would not lay any blame at chris knott's door as they hav been nothing less than brilliant with dealing with this matter so Dave 727 fear not on the insurance side Wink, also had the repairer on the phone this morning after he had had what he said was a right bollocking off the assessor Roll Eyes it was quite sad really as he actually begged me to let them have the car back and i mean begged (soft touch me) also promised me the car would be valeted by an outside company and he is going to have to hire me a car, if it's not right this time i think he will lose any contracts/repairs with insurance , the most annoying thing about this whole thing is i was in bed  3 parts pissed from the night before :crazy:when the artic done the damage,anyway thanks all for your support during this mini crisis Group hug Thank You

DAVE727
Registered Member
Zetec Member

GP134.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory
Send Money to DAVE727

Happy

counting down the days and saving hard

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2008, 04:12:58 PM »

Ray I'm glad you are getting some joy and glad Chris Knott are doing there bit....keep us in the loop...we are all one big happy dysfunctional family Crazy!

Have you still got the mazda while work is oooooooooonnnn going?
Paul
Administrator
Titanium Member

England England

View Inventory
Send Money to Paul

Happy

P.Greenhalgh PaulG9LXY
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2008, 05:09:50 PM »

Quote:
Sent by mac the knife on March 14, 2008, 03:47:53 PM
Ok people the latest ,

assessor came out and looked over the car and agreed not up to standard , he asked me to get the car back to the repairer and told me that he would personally check the car over before he would let it leave the workshop, reluctantly i have agreed to do this only because the assessor has assured me the work will be right,

Fingers crossed for you this time Ray!

Quote:
Cepheus i spoke to chris knott 5 mins ago and i was told of a complaint being made from the Club Thumbs Up, it's a shame this has come to this but i would not lay any blame at chris knott's door as they have been nothing less than brilliant with dealing with this matter so Dave 727 fear not on the insurance side Wink,

At the end of the day, if you'd have insured elsewhere you may not be having these problems, so it's only right that we and Chris Knott do all we can to put things right.

Quote:
also had the repairer on the phone this morning after he had had what he said was a right bollocking off the assessor Roll Eyes it was quite sad really as he actually begged me to let them have the car back and i mean begged (soft touch me) also promised me the car would be valeted by an outside company and he is going to have to hire me a car, if it's not right this time i think he will lose any contracts/repairs with insurance

Good, they should anyway!!

Quote:
the most annoying thing about this whole thing is i was in bed  3 parts pissed from the night before Crazy! when the artic done the damage,anyway thanks all for your support during this mini crisis Group hug Thank You

Any time Ray, it's what we're all about Thumbs Up

Current

Previous

Air Sk8ingAir Sk8ing
mac the knife
Ultima Member

GP287.00 Galaxy Points

View Inventory

Relaxed

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2008, 07:00:22 AM »

Thanks Cepheus for the phone call, i,m sure they have laid down the law as they must be getting a fair bit of wonga from this club and other people we have recommended who are not Gal owners, it's strange how insurance works these days Huh?
1.insure with chriss knott who get you insured though
2. Highway Insurance who use
3.helphire who sort out hire car and repairers Roll Eyes what happened to the old way when you phoned insurerer and they sent out their own assessor to the garage, oh well i'm sure life will throw bigger problems at me soon with 3 lads and the eldest being 14 going on 30!!!!!

watch this space Wink

fordpwr
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2008, 10:18:08 AM »

ray,im glad the problems are getting  sorted,im sorry from a club point of view is been a shambles thus far,but fingers crossed they get it sorted this time round...

me and paul have spokern about this in length,

and we both hope things get sorted this time round

all the  best
james Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

© 2007-2017 Ford Galaxy Owners Club
No part of this forum may be copied without express written permission

Ford and Galaxy logos used with permission and under licence from Ford Motor Company

Lo-Fi Version .::. Privacy Policy